When the weather changes, our skin changes too. This winter, you hope to have a rosy glow on your cheeks to accompany the happy holidays. But the harsh cold, cold air only dries the skin and makes it firm and flaky. Indoor heating only makes drought worse. And very dry skin can sometimes be quite itchy, cracking, and painful.
Therefore, you need to be even more careful with natural beauty products to not only protect your skin from dryness, but also to prevent the first signs of aging.
Here are some simple and useful tips to take care of your skin during the coldest time of the year:
- As we all know, proper hydration is key to protecting the skin and avoiding dryness. Use a slightly thick moisturizer that suits your skin type. Apply morning and evening to face, neck and décolleté.
- Moisten the rest of your body with a good quality butter or non-greasy cream.
- The lips need special attention in winter, as they often break. Add a moisturizing lip balm to your normal skin regimen. Take it with you and use it frequently throughout the day.
- The sun may be playing hide and seek with you. However, that doesn’t mean you can skip sunscreen for a while. Sun protection is as important in winter as it is in summer. Also, it is advisable to use sunscreen indoors as well.
- Don’t forget to peel. Use a gentle scrub on your face and the rest of your body at least once a week. This will help remove dry skin.
- Cold winter days can tempt you to indulge yourself with a long, scorching shower. While hot water is pleasant to the touch, the intense heat draws its natural moisture from the skin. Therefore, it is best to bring the water to a comfortably warm level. In winter, it is always preferable to switch to a moisture-rich soap.
- Aside from the skin care tips above, don’t forget to properly cover yourself with your hat, gloves, scarves, and boots whenever you go out in the cold.
- Keep your home heater warm, not hot, as this can further irritate the skin. Humidifiers are preferable because they add more moisture to the air.
- It is important to drink enough water to stay hydrated, even in winter.
With the right FasciaBlaster, protection and beauty products, you can enjoy the cold of winter with moist, smooth and healthy skin on your side. Who knows, you might still get that pink glow!